回帖

积分

管理员

积分
发表于 2020-5-29 11:02:42 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

马上注册,结交更多好友,享用更多功能,让你轻松玩转社区。

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?立即注册

x
巧克力条应该怎么正确地道的说英语?什么是fish finger? 十指相扣,用英文怎么说才标准地道?“get your finger out” 是不是“把手指拿出来”?
说起finger,我们学英语过程中,经常看见有关于finger的表达,butterfingers, forefinger, green fingers, index finger, little finger, middle finger, ring finger, Crossed fingers, 等等。人的手指,优雅的,也有笨拙的,有白白软软的,也有起了老茧的手指,有钢琴上的纤纤细细的手指,有指着别人骂的手指,还有扣动扳机的手指。下面请看有哪些形容词/名词可以和finger搭配。

名词/形容词+finger
first, index, pointer (AmE), middle, ring, third, wedding, little, pinky (AmE), broken, dislocated, injured, severed, pointing, accusatory, accusing, warning, delicate, elegant, graceful, slender, slim, long, bony, lean, skeletal, skinny, thin, chubby, fat, plump, podgy(BrE), pudgy, stubby, calloused/callused, clawed, gnarled, gentle, capable, deft, nimble, skilful/skillful, skilled, limp, cold, frozen, icy, extended, outstretched, intertwined, dirty, filthy, grubby, sticky, gloved, manicured, trigger, nervous, numb, shaking, shaky, trembling, clumsy
例句:
I noticed the ring on the third ~ of her left hand.
The teacher raised a warning ~ and we stopped talking.  
She took off his bandages with gentle ~s.
Her nimble ~s undid the knot in seconds.
His clumsy ~s struggled with the buttons.

a finger of toast    长条土司
chocolate fingers    巧克力条

fish finger 鱼条(NAmE fish stick)(涂有麪包屑或麪糊的鱼肉条,通常冷冻后小包装出售 a long narrow piece of fish covered with breadcrumbs or batter , usually frozen and sold in packs)

动词+finger
VERB + FINGER
point:
‘It was them!’ she cried, pointing an accusing ~ at the boys. | The investigators pointed the ~ of blame at the driver of the crashed bus.
draw:
The man drew a ~ across his throat in a threatening gesture.
insert, jam, poke, put, shove, stick, thrust:
Everyone put their ~s in their ears when the shooting started. |
jab, stab:
The protester was jabbing a ~ aggressively at a policeman.
entwine, interlace, intertwine, lace, thread:
He gently laced his ~s between mine.
hook:
She hooked her ~s in the belt loop of his jeans.
hold up, raise:
She raised a ~ to her lips to ask for silence.
wag, waggle, wave, wiggle:
‘None of that!’ cried the teacher, wagging her ~.
twiddle:
Dad started twiddling his ~s nervously.
dip:
I dipped my ~ in the sauce and licked it.
lick, run, trace, trail:
She ran her ~ along the dusty shelf. | Sally trailed her ~s in the water idly.
drum, tap:
He was drumming his ~s nervously on the arm of the chair.
click, snap:
We were swaying and clicking our ~s in time to the music. | He snapped his ~s and the waiter came running.
shut, trap:
The child needed treatment after trapping her ~ in the car door.
cut, slice, break, dislocate, crook:
He crooked a ~ to tell us to go over to him.
clench, close, curl:
Tina curled her slender ~s into a fist. | extend, spread, stretch, stretch out He held up his hand with the ~s extended.  
flex, prick:
The nurse pricked my ~ to get some blood.

crossed fingers, 解释为:交叉手指,是通常用来祈求好运的手势。用食指和中指交叉。有时,这个动作被解释为恳求上帝保佑。常用表达,"cross your fingers", "keep your fingers crossed", "fingers crossed来指代该手势。交叉手指的行为主要属于基督教。最早使用该手势时,两个人用食指交叉形成一个十字架。孩子们通常认为使用这手势是撒小谎的借口。引申到类似的观念,交叉手指会使人觉得承诺无效。To cross one's fingers is a hand gesture commonly used to wish for luck. Occasionally it is interpreted as an attempt to implore God for protection.The gesture is referred to by the common expressions "cross your fingers", "keep your fingers crossed", or just "fingers crossed". The act of crossing one's fingers mainly belongs to Christianity. The earliest use of the gesture had two people crossing their index fingers to form a cross.
The use of the gesture is often considered by children as an excuse for telling a white lie. By extension, a similar belief is that crossing one's fingers invalidates a promise being made.
引申更多用法:
cross one's fingers 交叉手指;但求好运
'He's nice,' said Laura, crossing her fingers under the table.   “他不错啊。” 劳拉说道,偷偷地在桌子底下交叉手指。
Let's keep our fingers crossed. 咱们但求好运吧。
Fingers crossed. 但求好运。[domzh.com, English-learning website]

get, pull, etc. your finger out,英式口语,usted to tell sb to start doing some work or making an effort, 加把劲,干起来

give sb the 'finger
(NAmE, informal)
   to raise your middle finger in the air with the back part of your hand facing sb, done to be rude to sb or to show them that you are angry
   向某人竖起中指(手背向外以表示侮辱)

have a finger in every 'pie    (informal) to be involved in a lot of different activities and have influence over them, especially when other people think that this is annoying
   多管闲事;到处干预

▪ have, etc. your 'fingers in the till
(BrE, informal) 【桐木舟英语注解:这里till是英式英语=cash register,交款处,收银台】
   to be stealing money from the place where you work
   偷自己工作单位的钱;内盗;监守自盗

▪ have / keep your finger on the 'pulse (of sth)
   to always be aware of the most recent developments in a particular situation
   保持了解…的最新情况;掌握…的脉搏

▪ lay a 'finger on sb
(usually used in negative sentences 通常用于否定句)
   to touch sb with the intention of hurting them physically
   触碰,动…的一根毫毛(意欲伤害某人):
   I never laid a finger on her.
   我从来没有碰过她。

▪ not put your finger on sth
   to not be able to identify what is wrong or different about a particular situation
   看不出(问题所在);说不出(差别):
   There was something odd about him but I couldn't put my finger on it.
   他有些古怪,但我说不出到底是什么。

▪ put / stick two 'fingers up at sb
(BrE, informal)
   to form the shape of a V with the two fingers nearest your thumb and raise your hand in the air with the back part of it facing sb, done to be rude to them or to show them that you are angry
   (手背向某人做出 V 形手势表示侮辱)
⇨ see also V-sign

▪ work your fingers to the 'bone
   to work very hard
   拚命干活
桐木舟donzh.com英语学习

▪ interlace one's fingers 手指交叉:He interlaced his fingers behind his head. 他手指交叉着插在头后。

▪ intertwine one's fingers 十指相扣:Interlace只是手指交叉,intertwine是在interlace的基础上扣住。
The couple is holding hands with their fingers intertwined. 这对夫妇十指相扣地拉着手。

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|桐木舟论坛

GMT+8, 2024-5-20 05:45 , Processed in 0.049672 second(s), 21 queries .