桐木舟学英语人工智能

找回密码
 立即注册
搜索
热搜: 活动 交友 discuz
查看: 529|回复: 0

人教版英语8年级(下册)Unit 5 课文答案翻译What were you doing wh..

[复制链接]

主题

回帖

积分

管理员

积分
发表于 2021-11-19 02:54:03 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

马上注册,结交更多好友,享用更多功能,让你轻松玩转社区。

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?立即注册

x
Unit 5 What were you doing when the rainstorm came?     
2d: Role-play the conversation.
Mary: What were you doing last night, Linda? I called at seven and you didn't pick up.
Linda: Oh, I was in the kitchen helping my mom.
Mary: I see. I called again at eight and you didn't answer then either.
Linda: What was I doing at eight? Oh, I know. When you called, I was having a shower.
Mary: But then I called again at nine.
Linda: Oh, I was sleeping at that time.
Mary: So early? That's strange.
Linda: Yeah, I was tired. Why did you call so many times?
Mary: I needed help with my homework. So while you were sleeping, I called Jenny and she helped me.

3a:  The Storm Brought People Closer Together
Ben could hear strong winds outside his home in Alabama. Black clouds were making the sky very dark. With no light outside, it felt like midnight. The news on TV reported that a heavy rainstorm was in the area.
Everyone in the neighborhood was busy. Ben's dad was putting pieces of wood over the windows while his mom was making sure the flashlights and radio were working. She also put some candles and matches on the table.
Ben was helping his mom make dinner when the rain began to beat heavily against the windows. After dinner, they tried to play a card game, but it was hard to have fun with a serious storm happening outside.
Ben could not sleep at first. He finally fell asleep when the wind was dying down at around 3:00 a.m. When he woke up, the sun was rising. He went outside with his family and found the neighborhood in a mess. Fallen trees, broken windows and rubbish were everywhere. They joined the neighbors to help clean up the neighborhood together. Although the storm broke many things apart, it brought families and neighbors closer together.

2b: Do You Remember What You Were Doing?
People often remember what they were doing when they heard the news of important events in history. In America, for example, many people remember what they were doing on April 4, 1968. This was an important event in American history. On this day, Dr. Martin Luther King was killed. Although some people may not remember who killed him, they remember what they were doing when they heard the news.

Robert Allen is now over 50, but he was a school pupil at that time. "It was a bright, sunny day," Robert remembers. "We were having fun in the playground when the school bell rang. Our teacher said, Dr. King died just 10 minutes ago.'  We were completely surprised!" School closed for the day, and Robert and his friends walked home in silence.

More recently, most Americans remember what they were doing when the World Trade Center in New York was taken down by terrorists. Even the date — September 11, 2001 — has meaning to most Americans.

This was a day Kate Smith will never forget. She remembers working in her office near the two towers. "My friend shouted that a plane just hit the World Trade Center! I didn't believe him at first; but then I looked out the window and realized that it was true. I was so scared that I could hardly think clearly after that."
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|桐木舟论坛

GMT+8, 2024-5-16 12:40 , Processed in 0.048528 second(s), 21 queries .