桐木舟学英语人工智能

找回密码
 立即注册
搜索
热搜: 活动 交友 discuz
查看: 503|回复: 0

人教版英语8年级(下册)Unit 4 课文答案翻译Why don't you talk to ...

[复制链接]

主题

回帖

积分

管理员

积分
发表于 2021-11-19 02:54:37 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

马上注册,结交更多好友,享用更多功能,让你轻松玩转社区。

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?立即注册

x
Unit 4 Why don't you talk to your parents?
2d: Role-play the conversation.
Dave: You look sad, Kim. What's wrong?
Kim: Well, I found my sister looking through my things yesterday. She took some of my new magazines and CDs.
Dave: Hmm ... that's not very nice. Did she give them back to you?
Kim: Yes, but I'm still angry with her. What should I do?
Dave: Well, I guess you could tell her to say sorry. But why don't you forget about it so that you can be friends again? Although she's wrong, its not a big deal.
Kim: You're right. Thanks for your advice.
Dave: No problem. Hope things work out.

3a: A letter to a magazine and the reply from Robert Hunt, a school counselor
Dear Mr. Hunt,
My problem is I can't get on with my family. Relations between my parents have become difficult. They fight a lot, and I really don't like it. It's the only communication they have. I don't know if I should say anything to them about this. When they argue, it's like a big, black cloud hanging over our home. Also, my elder brother is not very nice to me. He always refuses to let me watch my favorite TV show. Instead, he watches whatever he wants until late at night. I don't think this is fair. At home, I always feel lonely and nervous. Is that normal? What can I do?
Sad and Thirteen
------------------------------------------------
Dear Sad and Thirteen,
It s not easy being your age, and it's normal to have these feelings. Why don't you talk about these feelings with your family? If your parents are having problems, you should offer to help. Maybe you could do more jobs around the house so that they have more time for proper communication. Secondly, why don't you sit down and communicate with your brother? You should explain that you don't mind him watching TV all the time. However, he should let you watch your favorite show. I hope you'll feel better about yourself in future.
Robert Hunt

2b: Maybe You Should Learn to Relax!
These days, Chinese children are sometimes busier on weekends than weekdays because they have to take so many after-school classes. Many of them are learning exam skills so that they can get into a good high school and later a good university. Others are practicing sports so that they can compete and win. However, this doesn't only happen in China.

The Taylors are a typical American family. Life for Cathy Taylor's three children is very busy. "On most days after school," Cathy says, "I take one of my two boys to basketball practice and my daughter to football training. Then I have to take my other son to piano lessons. Maybe I could cut out a few of their activities, but I believe these activities are important for my children's future. I really want them to be successful." However, the tired children don't get home until after 7:00 p.m. They have a quick dinner, and then it's time for homework.

Linda Miller, a mother of three, knows all about such stress. "In some families, competition starts very young and continues until the kids get older," she says. "Mothers send their small kids to all kinds of classes. And they are always comparing them with other children. It's crazy. I don't think that's fair. Why don't they just let their kids be kids? People shouldn't push their kids so hard." Doctors say too much pressure is not good for a child's development. Dr. Alice Green says all these activities can cause a lot of stress for children. "Kids should have time to relax and think for themselves, too. Although it's normal to want successful children, it's even more important to have happy children."
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|桐木舟论坛

GMT+8, 2024-5-16 15:12 , Processed in 0.062672 second(s), 21 queries .