桐木舟学英语人工智能

找回密码
 立即注册
搜索
热搜: 活动 交友 discuz
查看: 460|回复: 1

人教版英语8年级(下册)Unit 3 课文答案翻译Could you please clean...

[复制链接]

主题

回帖

积分

管理员

积分
发表于 2021-11-19 02:55:28 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

马上注册,结交更多好友,享用更多功能,让你轻松玩转社区。

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?立即注册

x
Unit 3 Could you please clean your room?
2d
Sister: Tony, could you please help out with a few things?
Brother: Could I at least finish watching this show?
Sister: No. I think two hours of TV is enough for you!
Brother: Fine. What do you want me to do?
Sister: Could you take out the rubbish, fold the clothes and do the dishes?
Brother: So much?
Sister: Yes? because Mom will be back from shopping any minute now. And she won't be happy if she sees this mess.
Brother: But the house is already pretty clean and tidy!
Sister: Yes, well, its clean, but its not "mother clean"!

3a  Why was Nancy's mom angry with Nancy?
Last month, our dog welcomed me when I came home from school. He wanted a walk, but I was too tired.
I threw down my bag and went to the living room. The minute I sat down in front of the TV, my mom came over. "Could you please take the dog for a walk?" she asked.
"Could I watch one show first?" I asked.
"No!" she replied angrily. "You watch TV all the time and never help out around the house! I can't work all day and do housework all evening." "Well, I work all day at school, too! I'm just as tired as you are!" I shouted back.
My mom did not say anything and walked away. For one week, she did not do any housework and neither did I. Finally, I could not find a clean dish or a clean shirt.
The next day my mom came home from work to find the house clean and tidy.
"What happened?" She asked in surprise.
"I'm so sorry, Mom. I finally understand that we need to share the housework to have a clean and comfortable home," I replied.

2b
Dear Sir,
I don't understand why some parents make their kids help with housework and chores at home. Kids these days already have enough stress from school. They don't have time to study and do housework, too. Housework is a waste of their time. Could we just let them do their job as students? They should spend their time on schoolwork in order to get good grades and get into a good university. Also, when they get older, they will have to do housework so there's no need for them to do it now. It is the parents' job to provide a clean and comfortable environment at home for their children. And anyway I think doing chores is not so difficult. I don't mind doing them.
Mr. Smith

Dear Sir,
I think it is important for children to learn how to do chores and help their parents with housework. It's not enough to just get good grades at school. Children these days depend on their parents too much. They're always asking, "Could you get this for me?" or "Could you help me with that?" Doing chores helps to develop children's independence and teaches them how to look after themselves. It also helps them to understand the idea of fairness. Since they live in one house with their parents, they should know that everyone should do their part in keeping it clean and tidy. Our neighbor's son got into a good college but during his first year, he had no idea how to take care of himself. As a result, he often fell ill and his grades dropped. The earlier kids learn to be independent, the better it is for their future.
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

回帖

积分

管理员

积分
 楼主| 发表于 2021-11-19 02:58:05 | 显示全部楼层
教材里,“Kids these days already have enough stress from school. They don't have time to study and do housework, too.” 这句话里很多人在问怎么回事。网上有各个说法。

这里讨论:
关于too 的一个用法,见牛津字典"too":
also/as well/too
■    Also is more formal than as well and too, and it usually comes before the main verb or after be:

I went to New York last year, and I also spent some time in Washington. In British English, it is not usually used at the end of a sentence.

Too is much more common in spoken and informal English. It is usually used at the end of a sentence:

"I'm going home now." "I'll come too." In British English as well is used like too, but in North American English it sounds formal or old-fashioned.

■    When you want to add a second negative point in a negative sentence, use not...either:

She hasn't phoned and she hasn't written either.

If you are adding a negative point to a positive one, you can use not... as well/too:

You can have a burger, but you can't have fries as well.

就是说:
A ...not......(否定), B...not...either(后面有否定,句子结尾要用either)
A......(肯定), B...not..., too/as well (后面有否定,句子结尾用too或者as well)

教材里,这句话,“Kids these days already have enough stress from school. They don't have time to study and do housework, too.”
这里把“Kids these days already have enough stress from school.”当作一个肯定的话题(像上面第二个句型里的A), 而“They don't have time to study and do housework, too.” 算是加在前面肯定话题后面的一个否定的话题(像上面第二个句型里的B),这样看来,语法上貌似说得通,相当于这样理解:
"Kids these days already have enough stress from school, and they don't have time to study and do housework, too."

如果这样解释语法通顺了,那么意思就让人费解了。学生在学校里很大的压力,可是他们没有时间学习,也没有时间做家务,他们到底在干啥呢?
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|桐木舟论坛

GMT+8, 2024-5-17 02:52 , Processed in 0.049726 second(s), 21 queries .