回帖

积分

管理员

积分
发表于 2021-11-19 02:56:30 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

马上注册,结交更多好友,享用更多功能,让你轻松玩转社区。

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?立即注册

x
Unit 2 I'll help to clean up the city parks.         
2d
Helen: Hi, Tom. I'm making some plans to work in an old people's home this summer.
Tom: Really? I did that last summer!
Helen: Oh, what did they ask you to help out with?
Tom: Mmm ... things like reading the newspaper to the old people, or just talking to them. They told me stories about the past and how things used to be.
Helen: That sounds interesting.
Tom: Yeah, a lot of old people are lonely. We should listen to them and care for them.
Helen: You're right. I mean, we're all going to be old one day, too.

3a  Students Who Volunteer
Mario Green and Mary Brown from Riverside High School give up several hours each week to help others.
Mario loves animals and wants to be an animal doctor. He volunteers at an animal hospital every Saturday morning. Mario believes it can help him to get his future dream job. "It's hard work," he says, "but I want to learn more about how to care for animals. I get such a strong feeling of satisfaction when I see the animals get better and the look of joy on their owners' faces."
Mary is a book lover. She could read by herself at the age of four Last year, she decided to try out for a volunteer after-school reading program.
She still works there once a week to help kids learn to read. "The kids are sitting in the library but you can see in their eyes that they're going on a different journey with each new book. Volunteering here is a dream come true for me. I can do what I love to do and help others at the same time."

2b  I'll Send You a Photo of Lucky
Dear Miss Li,
I'd like to thank you for sending money to Animal Helpers. I'm sure you know that this group was set up to help disabled people like me. You helped to make it possible for me to have Lucky. Lucky makes a big difference to my life. Let me tell you my story.
What would it be like to be blind or deaf? Or imagine you can't walk or use your hands easily. Most people would never think about this, but many people have these difficulties. I can't use my arms or legs well, so normal things like answering the telephone, opening and closing doors, or carrying things are difficult for me. Then one day last year, a friend of mine helped me out. She talked to Animal Helpers about getting me a special trained dog. She also thought a dog might cheer me up. I love animals and I was excited about the idea of having a dog.
After six months of training with a dog at Animal Helpers, I was able to bring him home. My dog's name is Lucky — a good name for him because I feel very lucky to have him. You see, I'm only able to have a "dog-helper" because of your kindness! Lucky is very clever and understands many English words. He can understand me when I give him orders. For example, I say, "Lucky! Get my book, " and he does it at once.
Lucky is a fantastic dog. I'll send you a photo of him if you like, and I could show you how he helps me. Thank you again for changing my life.
Best wishes,
Ben Smith
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|桐木舟论坛

GMT+8, 2024-5-16 20:46 , Processed in 0.056692 second(s), 21 queries .