回帖

积分

管理员

积分
发表于 2021-11-19 03:18:43 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

马上注册,结交更多好友,享用更多功能,让你轻松玩转社区。

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?立即注册

x
Unit 10  You're supposed to shake hands.
【课文翻译,见后面的回帖,需要联系版主的话,请wechat:75 24 29 345】
2d  Role-play the conversation.
Katie: How was the welcome party for foreign students last night?
John: Great! I made some new friends. But a funny thing happened.
Katie: What?
John: I met a Japanese boy called Sato, and as soon as I held out my hand, he bowed.
Katie: That's how people in Japan are expected to greet each other. It's impolite if you don't bow.
John: I didn't know that. So I just stood there with my hand out. Finally, 1 returned the bow.
Katie: I remember when I first met Marie last year, I did the same thing. I held out my hand and to my surprise, she kissed me on both sides of my face!
John: I wouldn't mind that!
Katie: Very funny. Later I found out French people are supposed to kiss when they see each other.

3a  Read the following opinions of a Colombian and a Swiss student. In which country is it OK to be 15 minutes late for dinner?
Teresa Lopez, Cali, Colombia
Where I'm from, we're pretty relaxed about time. We don't like to rush around, so we don't mind if people are a little late sometimes. If you tell a friend you're going to their house for dinner, it's OK if you arrive a bit late. We like to enjoy our time slowly. We value the time we spend with our family and friends in our everyday lives. We often just drop by our friends' homes if we have time. We don't usually have to make plans to meet our friends. When we see each other, it's polite for boys to shake hands and for girls to kiss each other on the side of the face. We often just walk around the town center, seeing as many of our friends as we can!

Marc LeBlanc, Lausanne, Switzerland
In Switzerland, it's very important to be on time. We're the capital of clocks and watches, after all! If someone invites you to meet him or her at noon, then you're expected to be there at noon. If you're even 15 minutes late, your friend may get mad. So I make an effort to be on time when I meet my friends. I always leave the house early to avoid heavy traffic because I think it's impolite to keep others waiting. Also, we never visit a friend's house without calling first. We almost always make plans to see friends. We usually plan to do something interesting, or go somewhere together.

Section B 2b Read the letter and answer the questions.
1. Why is Lin Yue in France?
2. Does she enjoy staying with her host family? How do you know?
3. How does she feel about making mistakes when she speaks French
4. What is the biggest challenge she is facing?

Dear Laura,
Thanks for your message. Yes, I'm having a great time on my student exchange program in France. I was a bit nervous before I arrived here, but there was no reason to be. My host family is really nice. They go out of their way to make me feel at home. The grandmother knows that I miss Chinese food a lot. So she actually learned how to make Chinese food! She also has a teenage granddaughter about my age who is really kind. She always talks to me in French to help me practice. You wouldn't believe how quickly my French has improved because of that. I'm very comfortable speaking French now. Although I still make lots of mistakes, it doesn't worry me as it used to.

My biggest challenge is learning how to behave at the dinner table. As you can imagine, things are very different from the way they are at home. For example, you're not supposed to put your bread on your plate. You're supposed to put it on the table! I thought that was pretty strange at first, but now I'm used to it. Another example is that you're not supposed to eat anything with your hands except bread, not even fruit. You have to cut it up and eat it with a fork. Another thing is that it is impolite to say you're full. If you don't want any more food, you should just say, “That was delicious.” Also, you're not supposed to put your elbows on the table. I have to say that I find it difficult to remember everything, but I'm gradually getting used to it. I don't find French customs so strange anymore.

I'll write again soon and tell you more about my life in France. Hope you're having a good school year.

Yours,
Lin Yue
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

回帖

积分

管理员

积分
 楼主| 发表于 2021-11-19 03:19:51 | 显示全部楼层
Unit 10 You are supposed to shake hands.   
Section A 2d   
Katie:昨晚为留学生举办的欢迎派对怎么样?
John:真棒!我交了一些新朋友,不过发生了一件很有趣的事情。
Katie:什么事?
John:我遇到了一个名叫佐藤的日本男孩,正当我伸出手时,他却对我鞠躬了。
Katie:那就是日本人跟别人打招呼的方式。如果你不对他们鞠躬还礼,那就失礼了。
John:我不知道这个礼节,所以我只站在那里,手还伸着呢,最后我还是鞠躬还礼了。
Katie:我记得去年第一次见玛丽的时候,我也和你一样。我伸出手,而令我惊讶的是,她亲吻了我的双颊!
John:若她要亲我的脸颊,我可不介意!
Katie:非常有趣。而后来我知道法国人见面时都会亲吻对方以示礼貌。   

Section A 3a   
特雷莎·洛佩斯,卡利,哥伦比亚
在我的家乡,人们的时间观念不强。我们不喜欢生活匆忙,所以我们不介意别人偶尔迟到一会儿。如果你和一个朋友说好要去他们家吃饭,你去得稍晚一点是可以接受的。我们喜欢慢慢享受属于我们的时间。我们珍惜平日生活中和家人、朋友在一起的时光。有空的时候,我们也常常会临时上朋友家拜访,我们不必总是计划见朋友。当与朋友见面时,礼貌的做法是,男生们互相握手,而女生们互相亲吻面颊。我们通常会在小镇中心四处走走,尽可能多地见更多朋友!

马克·勒布朗, 洛桑,瑞士
在瑞士,守时非常重要。我们毕竟是以时钟和手表闻名的国度!如果有人约你在正午相见,那么你就必须在正午时赶到。如果你只是迟到了15分钟,那你的朋友都有可能会非常生气。因此,每次我去见朋友都会尽力做到守时。我总是早早出门以避开交通拥堵,因为我认为让别人等是非常不礼貌的。而且,我们也从不事先未打电话便登门拜访朋友,我们总是事先做好拜访朋友的安排,约好一起做有意思的事情,或是一起去某地玩。   

Section B,2b   
亲爱的劳拉:
谢谢你的来信。是的,我非常享受这次的法国交换项目。我在到达之前还有点紧张,但是其实毫无必要的。我所在的寄宿家庭非常好。他们想尽办法让我体验有宾至如归的感觉。祖母知道我很想吃中国菜。所以她实际上学会了如何做中国菜!她还有一个与我同龄的十几岁的孙女,她真的很善良。她总是用法语与我交谈,来帮助我练习。因此,你难以相信我的法语水平提高了多快。我现在说法语很轻松。尽管我仍然犯很多错误,但它并不像以前那样让我担心。

我最大的挑战是学习如何在餐桌上表现。可以想象,事情和在家中的情况大不相同。例如,您不应该将面包放在盘子上。你应该把它放在桌子上!起初我以为那很奇怪,但是现在我已经习惯了。另一个例子是,除了面包,你都不应该用手吃任何东西,甚至水果。您必须将其切开并用叉子食用。另一件事是,说你吃饱了是不礼貌的。如果你不想再吃任何食物,你应该说:“那太好吃了。”另外,您不应该将肘部放在桌子上。我不得不说我很难记住所有的事情,但是我逐渐习惯了。我觉得法国的风俗不再那么奇怪了。

我会尽快再写信,并向你介绍我在法国的生活。祝你生活愉快。
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|桐木舟论坛

GMT+8, 2024-5-17 02:19 , Processed in 0.050345 second(s), 21 queries .