回帖

积分

管理员

积分
发表于 2021-3-16 13:06:41 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

马上注册,结交更多好友,享用更多功能,让你轻松玩转社区。

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?立即注册

x
“戴绿帽子”用英语怎么说? 本质问题是betray,cheat, defraud, hoodwink, mislead, swindle, trick, two-time......是欺骗,阳奉阴违,出卖,只不过欺骗出卖的对象是自己的爱侣。先看这个词
cuckold
cuckold 可以是名词,也是动词。
cuck·old  / ˈkʌkəuld; NAmE -ould /
noun
   (old use, disapproving) a man whose wife has sex with another man    妻子有外遇的人;戴绿帽子的人  an insulting word for a man whose wife has been having sex with another man  “乌龟”,“王八”〔指妻子与人通奸的人,侮辱性用语〕
verb
[VN]  (old use)
1. (of a man 男人) to make another man a cuckold by having sex with his wife; if a wife or her LOVER cuckold her husband, they have sex with each other
   给(另一男人)戴绿帽子;与(某人)的妻子通奸 【就是说,妻子或者她情夫, 才能给另个男人戴绿帽】
   His wife had cuckolded him. 妻子给他戴绿帽子了。
2. (of a woman 女人) to make her husband a cuckold by having sex with another man
   使(丈夫)戴绿帽子;使(丈夫)当王八  

Wors Origin: late Old English, from Old French cucuault, from cucu 'cuckoo' (from the cuckoo's habit of laying its egg in another bird's nest). The equivalent words in French and other Ianguages applied to both the bird and the adulterer; cuckold has never been applied to the bird in English.

Word History: The allusion to the cuckoo on which the word cuckold is based may not be appreciated by those unfamiliar with the nesting habits of certain varieties of this bird. The female of some Old World cuckoos lays its eggs in the nests of other birds, leaving them to be cared for by the resident nesters. This parasitic tendency has given the female bird a figurative reputation for unfaithfulness as well. Hence in Old French we find the word cucuault, composed of cocu, “cuckoo, cuckold,” and the pejorative suffix -ald and used to designate a husband whose wife has wandered afield like the female cuckoo. An earlier assumed form of the Old French word was borrowed into Middle English by way of Anglo-Norman. Middle English cokewold, the ancestor of Modern English cuckold, is first recorded in a work written around 1250.

但是,这个词,如上面字典里解释,已经是old use了。我们再学另一个词,就是cheat.
cheat on
cheat on: be sexually unfaithful to one's partner in marriage
   - She cheats on her husband
   - Might her husband be wandering?

要注意,cheat on背叛了某人,可以是女的背叛了男的,也可以是男方背叛了女方。

two-time
verb [VN]
   (informal)  to not be faithful to a person you have a relationship with, especially a sexual one, by having a secret relationship with sb else at the same time
   对(情人或爱人)不忠:
   Are you sure he's not two-timing you?
   你肯定他没有背着你另有所爱?  He two-timed [=cheated on] his girlfriend with her best friend.
  She finally dumped her two-timing [=unfaithful] husband.
  I finished with him when I found out he was two-timing me.
'two-timer,  noun, 可以解释为中文里的劈腿的人。

注意,这个 two-time,是个货真价实的动词。口语用得更多。用法和cheat on类似,可以换用。

回复

使用道具 举报

主题

回帖

积分

管理员

积分
 楼主| 发表于 2021-3-16 14:23:46 | 显示全部楼层
double-cross (ˌdouble-'cross): [VN]

to cheat someone, especially after you have agreed to do something dishonest with them; to cheat or trick sb who trusts you (usually in connection with sth illegal or dishonest);
   欺骗;叛卖;出卖:
   He double-crossed the rest of the gang and disappeared with all the money.
   他骗了其他同伙携款潜逃了。

• ˌdouble-'cross, noun [usually sing.]
  • Don't try and double-cross me, Taylor, because I'll kill you...
    别跟我耍花招,泰勒,要不我会杀了你。
  • They were frightened of being double-crossed.
    他们害怕被骗。

double-crosser

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|桐木舟论坛

GMT+8, 2024-5-14 05:12 , Processed in 0.049728 second(s), 21 queries .