桐木舟学英语人工智能

找回密码
 立即注册
搜索
热搜: 活动 交友 discuz
查看: 602|回复: 3

The Golden Lotus (CHAPTER 4 Ximen Qing Attains His End)

[复制链接]

主题

回帖

积分

管理员

积分
发表于 2022-3-10 06:16:05 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

马上注册,结交更多好友,享用更多功能,让你轻松玩转社区。

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?立即注册

x
The Golden Lotus (CHAPTER 4 Ximen Qing Attains His End) (Part 1)
The sun streams through the painted doorway into the bedchamber.
There stands a maiden whom no gold can buy.
She leans against the door
Her lovely eyes, like beams of sunshine, seek to pursue her lover
But he has gone so far, her tender feet may never hope to follow.
Old woman Wang took the money and started for the door. Smiling, she said to Jinlian, "I must go to the street to buy a jar of wine; you will keep his Lordship company, won't you? If there is a drop left in the jar, warm two cups and drink them with him. The best wine is to be had in East Street. I shall have to go there for it, so I may be away some little time."
"Really I can't drink any more," Pan Jinlian cried. "Please don't go on my account."
"You and his Lordship are no longer strangers," said the old woman, "and you have nothing else to do. Drink a cup of wine with him. Why should you be afraid?"
With her lips Jinlian said she did not wish to drink, but her body told another story. The old woman shut the door and fastened it on the outside with a chain, imprisoning the two young people in her room. Then outside in the roadway, she sat down and began to roll some thread. Jinlian saw the old woman go, and pulled her chair to one side. As she settled down again, she glanced swiftly at Ximen Qing. He was sitting on the other side of the table, his eyes wide open, staring at her. At last he managed to speak.
"I forgot to ask your honorable name."
The woman bowed, and answered, smiling, "My unworthy name is Wu."
Ximen Qing pretended that he had not heard properly. "Did you say Du?" he said. Jinlian looked up, and said in a very soft voice, "I did not think you were deaf, Sir."
"I am sorry," Ximen said, "it was my mistake. You said 'Wu.' There are not many people called Wu in Qinghe.
There is indeed one fellow who sells cakes outside the Town Hall, but he is no bigger than my thumb. His name is Wu, Master Wu Da. Is he a relative of yours by any chance?"
Jinlian flushed. "He is my husband," she said, hanging her head.
Ximen Qing was silent for a long time, and seemed to be thinking very seriously. "How sad! How wrong!" he murmured at last. Jinlian smiled, and glanced at him.
"You have no reason to complain. Why should you say, 'How sad!'?"
"I was thinking how sad it must be for you," he said. He muttered many things, almost unintelligibly. Jinlian still looked down. She played with her skirt, nibbled at her sleeves, and bit her lips, sometimes talking, sometimes glancing slyly at him. Ximen pretended to find the heat trying, and took off his green silk coat.
"Would you mind putting my coat on the old lady's bed?" he said. Jinlian did not offer to take the coat. Keeping her head still turned away, she played with her sleeves and smiled. "Is there anything wrong with your own hands?" she said. "Why do you ask me to do things for you?" Ximen Qing laughed.
"So you won't do a little thing like that for me? Well, I suppose I must do it myself." He leaned over the table and put his coat on the bed. As he did so, he brushed the table with his sleeve and knocked down a chopstick. Luck favored him; the chopstick came to rest beneath the woman's skirt.
Ximen, who had already drunk more wine than was good for him, invited her to join him. Then he wanted his chopsticks to help her to some of the dishes. He looked about. One of them was missing. Jinlian looked down, pushed the chopstick with her toe, and said, laughing, "Isn't this it?"
Ximen Qing went to her, and bent down. "Ah, here it is!" he cried, but instead of picking up the chopstick, he took hold of her embroidered shoe.
Jinlian laughed. "I shall shout, if you are so naughty."
"Be kind to me, Lady," Ximen said, going down on his knees. As he spoke, he gently stroked her silken garments.
"It is horrid of you to pester me so," Jinlian cried. "I shall box your ears."
"Lady," he said, "if your blows should cause my death, it would be a happy end."
Without giving her time to object, he carried her to old woman Wang's bed, took off his clothes and, after unloosing her girdle, lay down with her. Their happiness reached its culmination.
In the days when Jinlian had performed the act of darkness with Zhang, that miserable old man had never been able to offer any substantial contribution to the proceedings, and not once had she been satisfied. Then she married Wu Da. You may imagine the prowess that might be expected from Master Tom Thumb. It could hardly be described as heroic. Now she met Ximen Qing, whose capacity in such matters was unlimited and whose skill was exceptionally refined and cunning.

The mandarin ducks, with necks entwined, sport upon the water.
The phoenix and his mate, their heads close pressed together, fly among the blossoms.
Joyful and tireless, the tree puts forth twin branches
The girdle, tied in a lovers' knot, is full of sweetness.
He, the red-lipped one, thirsts for a close embrace
She, of the powdered cheeks, awaits it eagerly.
The silken hose are raised on high
And two new moons appear above his shoulders.
The golden hairpins fall
And on the pillow rests a bank of lowering clouds.
They swear eternal oaths by ocean and by mountain
Seeking a thousand new delights.
The clouds are bashful and the rain is shy
They play ten thousand naughty tricks.
"Qia Qia," the oriole cries.
Each sucks the nectar from the other's lips.
The cherry lips breathe lightly, lightly.
In those willowy hips the passion beats
The mocking eyes are bright like stars
Tiny drops of sweat are like a hundred fragrant pearls
The sweet full breasts tremble
The dew, like a gentle stream, reaches the heart of the peony
They taste the joys of love in perfect harmony
For stolen joys, in truth, are ever the most sweet.

第四回 赴巫山潘氏幽欢 闹茶坊郓哥义愤
诗曰:
  璇闺绣户斜光入,千金女儿倚门立。横波美目虽后来,罗袜遥遥不相及。   闻道今年初避人,珊珊镜挂长随身。愿得侍儿为道意,后堂罗帐一相亲。
话说王婆拿银子出门,便向妇人满面堆下笑来,说道:“老身去那街上取瓶儿来,有劳娘子相待官人坐一坐。壶里有酒,没便再筛两盏儿,且和大官人吃着,老身直去县东街,那里有好酒买一瓶来,有好一歇儿耽搁。”妇人听了说:“干娘休要去,奴酒不多用了。”婆子便道:“阿呀!娘子,大官人又不是别人,没事相陪吃一盏儿,怕怎的!”妇人口里说“不用了”坐着却不动身。婆子一面把门拽上,用索儿拴了,倒关他二人在屋里。当路坐了,一头续着锁。
这妇人见王婆去了,倒把椅儿扯开一边坐着,却只偷眼睃看。西门庆坐在对面,一径把那双涎瞪瞪的眼睛看着他,便又问道:“却才到忘了问娘子尊姓?”妇人便低着头带笑的回道:“姓武。”西门庆故做不听得,说道:“姓堵?”那妇人却把头又别转着,笑着低声说道:“你耳朵又不聋。”西门庆笑道:“呸,忘了!正是姓武。只是俺清河县姓武的却少,只有县前一个卖饮饼的三寸丁姓武,叫做武大郎,敢是娘子一族么?”妇人听得此言,便把脸通红了,一面低着头微笑道:“便是奴的丈夫。”西门庆听了,半日不做声,呆了脸,假意失声道屈。妇人一面笑着,又斜瞅了他一眼,低声说道:“你又没冤枉事,怎的叫屈?”西门庆道:“我替娘子叫屈哩!”却说西门庆口里娘子长娘子短,只顾白嘈。这妇人一面低着头弄裙子儿,又一回咬着衫袖口儿,咬得袖口儿格格驳驳的响,要便斜溜他一眼儿。只见这西门庆推害热,脱了上面绿纱褶子道:“央烦娘子替我搭在干娘护炕上。”这妇人只顾咬着袖儿别转着,不接他的,低声笑道:“自手又不折,怎的支使人!”西门庆笑着道:“娘子不与小人安放,小人偏要自己安放。”一面伸手隔桌子搭到床炕上去,却故意把桌上一拂,拂落一只箸来。却也是姻缘凑着,那只箸儿刚落在金莲裙下。西门庆一面斟酒劝那妇人,妇人笑着不理他。他却又待拿起箸子起来,让他吃菜儿。寻来寻去不见了一只。这金莲一面低着头,把脚尖儿踢着,笑道:“这不是你的箸儿!”西门庆听说,走过金莲这边来道:“原来在此。”蹲下身去,且不拾箸,便去他绣花鞋头上只一捏。那妇人笑将起来,说道:“怎这的罗唣!我要叫了起来哩!”西门庆便双膝跪下说道:“娘子可怜小人则个!”一面说着,一面便摸他裤子。妇人叉开手道:“你这歪厮缠人,我却要大耳刮子打的呢!”西门庆笑道:“娘子打死了小人,也得个好处。”于是不由分说,抱到王婆床炕上,脱衣解带,共枕同欢。却说这妇人自从与张大户勾搭,这老儿是软如鼻涕脓如酱的一件东西,几时得个爽利!就是嫁了武大,看官试想,三寸丁的物事,能有多少力量?今番遇了西门庆,风月久惯,本事高强的,如何不喜?但见:
  交颈鸳鸯戏水,并头鸾凤穿花。喜孜孜连理枝生,美甘甘同心带结。一个将朱唇紧贴,一个将粉脸斜偎。罗袜高挑,肩膀上露两弯新月;金钗斜坠,枕头边堆一朵乌云。誓海盟山,搏弄得千般旖妮;羞云怯雨,揉搓的万种妖娆。恰恰莺声,不离耳畔。津津甜唾,笑吐舌尖。杨柳腰脉脉春浓,樱桃口微微气喘。星眼朦胧,细细汗流香玉颗;酥胸荡漾,涓涓露滴牡丹心。直饶匹配眷姻谐,真个偷情滋味美。
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

回帖

积分

管理员

积分
 楼主| 发表于 2022-3-10 06:28:45 | 显示全部楼层
The Golden Lotus (CHAPTER 4 Ximen Qing Attains His End) (Part 2)
Just when they had done and were putting on their clothes again, old woman Wang pushed open the door and came in, clapping her hands as though she had never been more surprised in her life.
"A fine state of affairs," she said.
Ximen Qing and Jinlian were extremely embarrassed.
"Oh, splendid, splendid!" the old woman said to Jinlian. "I asked you to come here to make clothes, not to make love with someone else's husband. If your Wu Da found this out, he would blame me. I shall have to go and explain the matter to him at once." She turned, and started out.
Jinlian caught her quickly by the skirt.
She hid her blushing face and could only get out a single sentence: "Spare me, Stepmother."
"You must make me a promise, then," the old woman said. "From this day forward, you must deceive Wu Da and give his Lordship here whatever he desires. If I call you early, you must come early. If I call you late, you must come late. Then I will say no more about it. But, if there should be a day when you do not come, I shall tell Wu Da."
Jinlian was so abashed that she could find nothing to say. "Well," said the old woman, "what are you going to do about it? I must have an answer now." "I will come," the woman whispered. Old woman Wang turned to Ximen Qing. "I need say no more to you, Sir. This is a fine piece of work, and you owe it all to me. You must not forget your promise. You must keep your word. If you try to wriggle out of it, I shall be compelled to speak to Wu Da."
"Don't worry, Stepmother," Ximen said, "I shall not go back on my word."
"I haven't too much confidence in either of you," old woman Wang said. "Give me a pledge of some sort and then I'll believe you."
Ximen Qing took a golden pin from his head and set it in Jinlian's hair.
She took it out again and put it in her sleeve, for she was afraid that if she went home wearing it, Wu Da would wish to know where it had come from. She hesitated to produce any pledge herself, but the old woman caught her by the sleeve and, finding a white silk handkerchief, handed it to Ximen Qing. Then they all drank several cups of wine. By this time it was getting dark and, saying that it was time for her to go home, Jinlian said good-bye to old woman Wang and Ximen Qing and went to her house by the back way. She pulled down the blind and, soon afterwards, Wu Da came in.
Old woman Wang looked at Ximen Qing.
"Did I play my cards well?" she said.
"No one could have done better," said Ximen.
"Were you satisfied?"
"Perfectly."
"She comes of singing girl stock," the old woman said, "and she must have had plenty of experience. I am very proud that I have been able to bring you two together, especially since I did it all by my own cleverness. Mind you give me what you promised."
"I will send you the silver as soon as I reach home."
"My eyes have seen the banner of victory and my ears have heard a sweet message," the old woman said, "but don't wait until my coffin is being carried out for burial, and then send money for the choirboys."
Ximen Qing laughed. He saw that the street was deserted, put on his eyeshades, and went home.
The next day he came again to the old woman's house. The old lady made tea for him and asked him to sit down. He took ten taels of silver from his sleeve and gave it to her.
Money seems to produce an extraordinary effect upon people everywhere. As soon as the old woman's black eyes beheld this snow-white silver, she was as happy as could be. She took it, and twice made reverence to him. "I thank you, Sir," she said, "with all my heart."
"Wu Da is still at home," she continued, "but I will go over to his house and pretend I wish to borrow a gourd." She went by the back way to her neighbor's house. Jinlian was giving her husband his breakfast when she heard the knocking at the door, and told Ying'er to see who was there.
"It is Grandmother Wang," the girl said, "she has come to borrow a water gourd."
"I will lend you a water jug, Stepmother," Jinlian said, "but won't you come in and sit down a while?"
"There is nobody to look after my house," the old woman said, beckoning with her finger to Jinlian, thus giving her to understand that Ximen Qing had come. She took the gourd and went away, and Jinlian hustled her husband over his breakfast and packed him off with his baskets. She went upstairs and redressed herself, putting on beautiful new clothes, and told Ying'er to watch the house. "I am going to your Grandmother Wang's, but I shall be back in a moment. If your father comes home, let me know at once or it will be the worse for your little bottom." She went to the tea shop.

当下二人云雨才罢,正欲各整衣襟,只见王婆推开房门入来,大惊小怪,拍手打掌,低低说道:“你两个做得好事!”西门庆和那妇人都吃了一惊。那婆子便向妇人道:“好呀,好呀!我请你来做衣裳,不曾交你偷汉子!你家武大郎知,须连累我。不若我先去对武大说去。”回身便走。那妇人慌的扯住她裙子,红着脸低了头,只得说声:“干娘饶恕!”王婆便道:“你们都要依我一件事,从今日为始,瞒着武大,每日休要失了大官人的意。早叫你早来,晚叫你晚来,我便罢休。若是一日不来,我便就对你武大说。”那妇人羞得要不的,再说不出来。王婆催逼道:“却是怎的?快些回复我。”妇人藏转着头,低声道:“来便是了。”王婆又道:“西门大官人,你自不用老身说得,这十分好事已都完了,所许之物,不可失信,你若负心,我也要对武大说。”西门庆道:“干娘放心,并不失信。”婆子道:“你每二人出语无凭,要各人留下件表记拿着,才见真情。”西门庆便向头上拔下一根金头簪来,插在妇人云髻上。妇人除下来袖了,恐怕到家武大看见生疑。妇人便不肯拿甚的出来,却被王婆扯着袖子一掏,掏出一条杭州白绉纱汗巾,掠与西门庆收了。三人又吃了几杯酒,已是下午时分。那妇人起身道:“奴回家去罢。”便丢下王婆与西门庆,踅过后门归来。先去下了帘子,武大恰好进门。
且说王婆看着西门庆道:“好手段么?”西门庆道:“端的亏了干娘,真好手段!”王婆又道:“这雌儿风月如何?”西门庆道:“色系子女不可言。”婆子道: “她房里弹唱姐儿出身,甚么事儿不久惯知道!还亏老娘把你两个生扭做夫妻,强撮成配。你所许老身东西,休要忘了。”西门庆道:“我到家便取银子送来。”王婆道:“眼望旌捷旗,耳听好消息。不要交老身棺材出了讨挽歌郎钱。”西门庆一面笑着,看街上无人,带上眼纱去了。不在话下。
次日,又来王婆家讨茶吃。王婆让坐,连忙点茶来吃了。西门庆便向袖中取出一锭十两银子来,递与王婆。但凡世上人,钱财能动人意。那婆子黑眼睛见了雪花银子,一面欢天喜地收了,一连道了两个万福,说道:“多谢大官人布施!”因向西门庆道:“这咱晚武大还未出门,待老身往她家推借瓢,看一看。”一面从后门踅过妇人家来。妇人正在房中打发武大吃饭,听见叫门,问迎儿:“是谁?”迎儿道:“是王奶奶来借瓢。”妇人连忙迎将出来道:“干娘,有瓢,一任拿去。且请家里坐。”婆子道:“老身那边无人。”因向妇人使手势,妇人就知西门庆来了。婆子拿瓢出了门,一力撺掇武大吃了饭,挑担出去了。先到楼上从新妆点,换了一套艳色新衣,吩咐迎儿:“好生看家,我往你王奶家坐一坐就来。若是你爹来时,就报我知道。若不听我说,打下你个小贱人下截来。”迎儿应诺不题。
妇人一面走过王婆茶坊里来。正是:
  合欢桃杏春堪笑,心里原来别有仁。
有词单道这双关二意:
  这瓢是瓢,口儿小身子儿大。你幼在春风棚上恁儿高,到大来人难要。他怎肯守定颜回甘贫乐道,专一趁东风,水上漂。也曾在马房里喂料,也曾在茶房里来叫,如今弄得许由也不要。赤道黑洞洞葫芦中卖的甚么药?
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

回帖

积分

管理员

积分
 楼主| 发表于 2022-3-13 10:20:04 | 显示全部楼层
The Golden Lotus (CHAPTER 4 Ximen Qing Attains His End) (Part 3)
Jinlian came, and to Ximen Qing it seemed that she had come straight down from Heaven. Side by side, close pressed together, they sat. Old woman Wang gave them tea. "Did Wu Da ask you any questions when you got home yesterday?" she said.
"He asked me if I had finished your clothes, and I told him that the funeral shoes and socks had still to be made."
The old woman hastily set wine before them, and they drank together, very happily. Ximen Qing delighted in every detail of the woman's form. She seemed to him even more beautiful than when he had first seen her. The little wine she had taken brought roses to her pale face and, with her cloudlike hair, she might have been a fairy, more beautiful than Chang E.
Ximen Qing could not find words to express his admiration. He gathered her in his arms, and lifted her skirts that he might see her dainty feet. She was wearing shoes of raven-black silk, no broader than his two fingers. His heart was overflowing with delight.
Mouth to mouth they drank together, and smiled. Jinlian asked how old he was. "I am twenty-seven. I was born on the twenty-eighth day of the seventh month." Then she said, "How many ladies are there in your household?" and he said, "Besides the mistress of my house, there are three or four, but with none of them am I really satisfied." Again she asked, "How many sons have you?" and he answered, "I have no sons, only one little girl who is shortly to be married." Then it was his turn to ask her questions.
He took from his sleeve a box, gilded on the outside and silver within. There were fragrant tea leaves in it and some small sweetmeats. Placing some of them on his tongue, he passed them to her mouth. They embraced and hugged one another; their cries and kissings made noise enough, but old woman Wang went in and out, carrying dishes and warming the wine, and paid not the slightest attention to them. They played their amorous games without any interference from her. Soon they had drunk as much as they desired, and a fit of passion swept over them. Ximen Qing's desire could no longer be restrained; he disclosed the treasure that sprang from his loins, and made the woman touch it with her delicate fingers.
From his youth upwards he had constantly played with the maidens who live in places of ill-fame, and he was already wearing the silver clasp that had been washed with magic herbs.
Upstanding, it was, and flushed with pride, the black hair strong and bristling.
A mighty warrior in very truth.
A warrior of stature not to be despised
At times a hero and at times a coward.
Who, when for battle disinclined,
As though in drink sprawls to the east and west.
But, when for combat he is ready,
Like a mad monk he plunges back and forth
And to the place from which he came returns.
Such is his duty.
His home is in the loins, beneath the navel.
Heaven has given him two sons
To go wherever he goes
And, when he meets an enemy worthy of his steel, He will attack, and then attack again.

Then Jinlian took off her clothes.
Ximen Qing fondled the fragrant blossom. No down concealed it; it had all the fragrance and tenderness of fresh-made pastry, the softness and the appearance of a new-made pie. It was a thing so exquisite that all the world would have desired it.
Tender and clinging, with lips like lotus petals
Yielding and gentle, worthy to be loved.
When it is happy, it puts forth its tongue
And welcomes with a smile.
When it is weary, it is content
To stay where
Nature put it
At home in Trouser Village
Among the scanty herbage.
But, when it meets a handsome gallant
It strives with him and says no word.
After that day, Jinlian came regularly to the old woman's house to sport with Ximen Qing. Love bound them together as it were with glue; their minds and hearts were united as if with gum.
There is an old saying: "Good news never leaves the house, but ill news spreads a thousand miles." It was not long before all the neighbors knew what was going on. Only Wu Da remained ignorant.

那西门庆见妇人来了,如天上落下来一般,两个并肩迭股而坐。王婆一面点茶来吃了,因问:“昨日归家,武大没问甚么?”妇人道:“他问干娘衣服做了不曾,我说道衣服做了,还与干娘做送终鞋袜。”说毕,婆子连忙安排上酒来,摆在房内,二人交杯畅饮。这西门庆仔细端详那妇人,比初见时越发标致。吃了酒,粉面上透出红白来,两道水鬓描画的长长的。端的平欺神仙,赛过嫦娥。
  动人心红白肉色,堪人爱可意裙钗。裙拖着翡翠纱衫,袖挽泥金带。喜孜孜宝髻斜歪。恰便似月里嫦娥下世来,不枉了千金也难买。
西门庆夸之不足,搂在怀中,掀起他裙来,看见他一对小脚穿着老鸦缎子鞋儿,恰刚半叉,心中甚喜。一递一口与他吃酒,嘲问话儿。妇人因问西门庆贵庚,西门庆告他说:“二十七岁,七月二十八日子时生。”妇人问:“家中有几位娘子?”西门庆道:“除下拙妻,还有三四个身边人,只是没一个中我意的。”妇人又问: “几位哥儿?”西门庆道:“只是一个小女,早晚出嫁,并无娃儿。”西门庆嘲问了一回,向袖中取出银穿心金裹面盛着香茶木樨饼儿来,用舌尖递送与妇人。两个相搂相抱,鸣咂有声。那婆子只管往来拿菜筛酒,那里去管他闲事,由着二人在房内做一处取乐玩耍。少顷吃得酒浓,不觉烘动春心,西门庆色心辄起,露出腰间那话,引妇人纤手扪弄。原来西门庆自幼常在三街四巷养婆娘,根下犹带着银打就,药煮成的托子。那话煞甚长大,红赤赤黑须,直竖竖坚硬,好个东西:
  一物从来六寸长,有时柔软有时刚。软如醉汉东西倒,硬似风僧上下狂。   出牝入阴为本事,腰州脐下作家乡。天生二子随身便,曾与佳人斗几场。
少顷,妇人脱了衣裳。西门庆摸见牝户上并无毳毛,犹如白馥馥、鼓蓬蓬发酵的馒头,软浓浓、红绉绉出笼的果馅,真个是千人爱万人贪一件美物:
  温紧香干口赛莲,能柔能软最堪怜。喜便吐舌开颜笑,困便随身贴股眠。   内裆县里为家业,薄草涯边是故园。若遇风流轻俊子,等闲战斗不开言。
话休饶舌。那妇人自当日为始,每日踅过王婆家来,和西门庆做一处,恩情似漆,心意如胶。自古道:好事不出门,恶事传千里。不到半月之间,街坊邻舍都晓的了,只瞒着武大一个不知。正是:
  自知本分为活计,那晓防奸革弊心。
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

回帖

积分

管理员

积分
 楼主| 发表于 2022-3-13 10:22:38 | 显示全部楼层
The Golden Lotus (CHAPTER 4 Ximen Qing Attains His End) (Part 4)
In Qinghe there lived a boy called Qiao; he was about fifteen years old.
As he had been born in Yunzhou, where his father was on military service, he was called Yun'ge. His father was now grown old, and they lived together alone. The boy was by no means without craft. He kept himself by selling fresh fruits in the different wineshops, and Ximen Qing often gave him small sums of money.
One day he had filled his basket with snow-white pears and was carrying them about the streets, on the lookout for his patron. Somebody he chanced to meet said to him, "Yun'ge, I can tell you where to find him."
"Where can I find him, Uncle?" the boy said. "Tell me if you please."
"Ximen," the man said, "is carrying on with the wife of Wu Da, the cake seller. Every day he goes to old woman Wang's house in Amethyst Street. Most likely you will find him there now. There is nothing to prevent you going straight into the room."
Yun'ge thanked the man, and went along Amethyst Street with his basket till he came to old woman Wang's tea shop. The old woman was sitting on a small chair by the door, making thread. The boy put down his basket, looked at her, and said, "Greetings to you, Stepmother."
"What do you want, Yun'ge?" the old woman said.
"I have come to see his Lordship in the hope of getting thirty or fifty cash to help support my father," the boy told her.
"What 'Lordship' are you talking about?" asked the old woman.
"You know him."
"Well, I suppose every gentleman has some sort of a name," the old woman said.
"This gentleman's name has two characters in it."
"What two characters?"
"You are trying to fool me," Yun'ge said. "It is his Lordship Ximen to whom I am going to speak." He started to go into the house. The old woman caught him. "Where are you going, you little monkey? Don't you know the difference between the inside and the outside of people's houses?"
"I shall find him in the room," the boy said.
The old woman cursed him. "What makes you think you will find his Lordship in my house, you little rascal?"
"Stepmother, don't try to keep all the pickings for yourself. Leave a little gravy for me. I know all about it."
"What do you know?" the old woman cried. "You are a young scoundrel."
"And you are one of those people who would scrape a bowl clean with a knife. You don't mean to lose even a single drop of gravy. If I began to talk about this business, I shouldn't be surprised if my brother, the cake seller, had something to say about it."
This made the old woman furious.
She was touched to the quick. "You little monkey," she screamed, "how dare you come to my house to let off your farts."
"Little monkey I may be," said Yun'ge, "but you're an old whoremonger, you old lump of dog meat."
The old woman caught him and boxed his ears twice.
"Why are you hitting me?" cried the boy.
"You son of a thief, you little monkey, make a noise like that and I'll thrash you out of the place."
"You knavish old scorpion," Yun'ge cried, "you have no right to beat me."
The old woman struck him again, and drove him out into the street, tossing his basket after him. The pears rolled all over the street, four here and five there. There was nothing the little monkey could do. He grumbled and cried as he picked them up. He shook his fist in the direction of the tea shop, and shouted, "Wait, you old worm! When I've told about this, you will be ruined, and then there will be nothing at all for you."
The young monkey picked up his basket and went off to the street to see if he could find Wu Da.

话分两头。且说本县有个小的,年方十五六岁,本身姓乔,因为做军在郓州生养的,取名叫做郓哥。家中只有个老爹,年纪高大。那小厮生得乖觉,自来只靠县前这许多酒店里卖些时新果品,时常得西门庆赍发他些盘缠。其日正寻得一篮儿雪梨,提着绕街寻西门庆。又有一等多口人说:“郓哥你要寻他,我教你一个去处。”郓哥道:“起动老叔,教我那去寻他的是?”那多口的道:“我说与你罢。西门庆刮剌上卖炊饼的武大老婆,每日只在紫石街王婆茶坊里坐的。这咱晚多定只在那里。你小孩子家,只故撞进去不妨。”那郓哥得了这话,谢了那人,提了篮儿,一直往紫石街走来,径奔入王婆茶坊里去。却正见王婆坐在小凳儿上绩线,郓哥把篮儿放下,看着王婆道:“干娘!声喏。”那婆子问道:“郓哥,你来这里做甚么?”郓哥道:“要寻大官人,赚三五十钱养活老爹。”婆子道:“甚么大官人?”郓哥道:“情知是那个,便只是他那个。”婆子道:“便是大官人,也有个姓名。”郓哥道:“便是两个字的。”婆子道:“甚么两个字的?”郓哥道:“干娘只是要作耍。我要和西门大官人说句话儿!”望里便走。那婆子一把揪住道:“这小猴子那里去?人家屋里,各有内外。”郓哥道:“我去房里便寻出来。”王婆骂道:“含乌小囚儿!我屋里那里讨甚么西门大官?”郓哥道:“干娘不要独自吃,也把些汁水与我呷一呷。我有甚么不理会得!”婆子便骂:“你那小囚攮的,理会得甚么?”郓哥道:“你正事马蹄刀木杓里切菜──水泄不漏,直要我说出来,只怕卖炊饼的哥哥发作!”那婆子吃他这两句道着他真病,心中大怒,喝道:“含乌小猢狲,也来老娘屋里放屁!”郓哥道:“我是小猢狲,你是马伯六,做牵头的老狗肉!”那婆子揪住郓哥凿上两个栗暴。郓哥叫道:“你做甚么便打我?”婆子骂道: “贼肏娘的小猢狲!你敢高做声,大耳刮子打出你去。”郓哥道:“贼老咬虫,没事便打我!”这婆子一头叉,一头大栗暴,直打出街上去,把雪梨篮儿也丢出去。那篮雪梨四分五落滚了开去。这小猴子打那虔婆不过,一头骂,一头哭,一头走,一头街上拾梨儿,指着王婆茶坊里骂道:“老咬虫,我交你不要慌!我不与他不做出来不信!定然遭塌了你这场门面,交你赚不成钱!”这小猴子提个篮儿,径奔街上寻这个人。却正是:
  掀翻孤兔窝中草,惊起鸳鸯沙上眠。
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|桐木舟论坛

GMT+8, 2024-5-3 16:46 , Processed in 0.052036 second(s), 21 queries .