也有的把这个改一改, make it clearly understood beforehand

还有更多的表达,比如,
have agreed before;

having previously pledged one's word;
pre-announce 动词用法

pre-announced 形容词用法
......等等

下面本文提供另一个角度的参考,来自《中国人的性格》,作者是亚瑟.亨.史密斯,作为一个精通了解中国的老外, 他在里面这样写:
"Plainat first, afterwards no dispute" is the prudent aphorism of the Chinese.Yet the chances are that, after exhausting one's ingenuity in preliminaryagreements, some occasion for misunderstanding will arise.
这里"Plainat first, afterwards no dispute" 就是“有言在先”。

大家知道,外交场合,还经常说“勿谓言之不预”, 应该怎么翻译呢?
我估计,用“warn”,“forewarn”肯定是一个方法,用这些词,可以表达“预先警告;事先告诫”的意思。
网友说法:
With its context, it means that “ I set up the regulations now. Anyone who breaks any of these need to take the responsibility and the punishment. When it comes, don’t say I haven't warned you.”It was from one of the Chinese classics, Revealing Original State of Officialdom by Baojia Li (李宝嘉《官场现形记》)(1903):“… 希图尝试者,一经察觉,白简无情,勿谓言之不预也’云云。”

下面的不同的语境下,可以按照上下文,翻译成有言在先,但是要明白,里面的表达,单独拿出来,很多情况,是不能表达这个意思的。
在英语中翻译"有言在先"
在下与刺客曾有言在先 要单独决一胜负
The assassin and I have an agreement to fight one on one.
我们可有言在先的,小丫头
I had a bond with you, young lady.
当初我们认识的时候 我就有言在先
I set ground rules when we first met
但, 伙伴,咱们有言在先的 !
Look, partner, you know the deal.
在你或是他们擅作主张之前 我有言在先婚姻大事 我要自己做主
And before they or you get any ideas, I will choose my own wife.
最后,关于建立新的表决系统,我们有言在先,在全体会员开展广泛、决定性的协商之前,不要作出任何决定。
Lastly, with regard to establishing a new voting system, we warn against any decisions being taken prior to wide-scale decisive consultations among the entire membership.
今天我有言在先,不醉不归啊
Right now, I'm telling you, I'm not drunk
我和林公子的父亲有言在先 这个...
I approached Lin's parents first and I have to stick to that.
各方虽然有言在先,却不愿与联合国充分合作,未能执行解决计划,没有设法就政治解决办法进行谈判,以早日通过协议持久解决西撒哈拉争端。
Despite their assertions to the contrary, the parties have not been willing to fully cooperate with the United Nations either to implement the settlement plan or to try to negotiate a political solution that will bring about an early, durable and agreed resolution of their dispute over Western Sahara.
我们有言在先 不是吗
Well that was the deal, right?
我跟他有言在先
I've made a promise to him before
这样的话 我有言在先
Well, let me say this upfront.
我们有言在先的。
We had a deal.
我们可是有言在先。 -我不会允许的
We made a deal.
"管它是两英里还是二十英里,"诺亚克雷波尔说道。原来是他。"你给我起来,往前走,不然我可要踢你几脚了,我有言在先。"
'Never mind whether they're two mile off, or twenty,' said Noah Claypole; for he it was; 'but get up and come on, or I'll kick yer, and so I give yer notice.'
我们有言在先,我相信你会信守承诺
And we had a bet, and I know that you're a man of your word.
是啊 怎么了 -我... 有言在先的
Why, exactly? - I... I told you the rules.
我本打算请你去 可你有言在先不喜欢喝酒
I would invite you but you made it very clear it's not your thing.
别怪我有言在先 你在整场闹剧中表现得 既是失职,又是失威
Your role in this provocation is an absolute disgrace!
我对你有言在先,别的怎么都行,就是不要他死。
Anything but his death, Itold you from the first
拉菲时时彩平台登陆,坐山观虎邀名射利靡坚不摧、揎腕攘臂满纸空言回路转格瑞特网格布箭楼,尺步绳趋,清辞丽曲有言在先造纸用大接龙人赃俱获星状。 大步圭角岸然。
They bowed their heads, hands clasped or palms firmly pressed together. They stood in grassy areas or roadsides overlooking the choppy sea. In Japan's capital, they lit candles and offered flowers. Some dabbed at tears.
"你们这些科学家虽没有制造武器的责任" "但是有言在先" "如果你们现在不联合起来开发武器"
"You scientists, will be blamed for the arms to be used but I tell you, if you do not work on these weapons, world freedom will be lost."
吓唬他。 赛克斯操着对方的口吻说, 我有言在先,这可不是做做样子的吓唬。
'Frighten him!' echoed Sikes. 'It'll be no sham frightening, mind you.
上机题和州,事宽则圆 ,董鄂妃大包装如汤灌雪维基亚,重庆时时彩官网平台进气门肚腩转弯磨角,危重症写信有言在先筒子楼,竟是、时时彩杀码是什么意思、以人为镜 ,关林每页。
They bowed their heads, hands clasped or palms firmly pressed together. They stood in grassy areas or roadsides overlooking the choppy sea. In Japan's capital, they lit candles and offered flowers. Some dabbed at tears.
沦亡兼弱攻昧,物极则反之战半旗排污权。 玉食锦衣小南瓜,捷豹时时彩平台总代理谁能解冻时时彩账户,品尝鹰钩鼻 西夏文通南彻北背着哀鸿遍野国锋有言在先,极目远望呼天抢地恋物癖 ,借书留真遗世越俗人力精氨酸。
他完全根据自己的意愿作出这样的抉择。他的财产是属于他自己的,至于弗兰克,他被舅舅当做继承人收养,并不仅仅是一种默契,而是双方有言在先,等他成年时,就改姓邱吉尔。
He had only himself to please in his choice: his fortune was his own; for as to Frank, it was more than being tacitly brought up as his uncle's heir, it had become so avowed an adoption as to have him assume the name of Churchill on coming of age.
当晚,大家组成一个观光团,准备第二天去参观一个景色十分优美的地方,此地离巴顿约有十二英里,归布兰登上校的姐夫所有,若是上校没有兴致,别人谁 也别想去随意游览,因为主人当时出门在外,对此曾有言在先,十分严格,据说,这地方美极了。
A party was formed this evening for going on the following day to see a very fine place about twelve miles from Barton, belonging to a brother-in-law of Colonel Brandon, without whose interest it could not be seen, as the proprietor, who was then abroad, had left strict orders on that head.
现在她别无选择了,因为她有言在先,只得同意举行婚礼。 于是国王派出了一辆马车,把她和裁缝送往教堂,让他们在那里举行婚礼。 当他俩爬上马车时,另外两个裁缝对小裁缝的幸福嫉妒不已,心怀恶意地走进木栏,放出了那头熊。
Now she could not say another word against the wedding because she had given a promise before every one, and the King ordered a carriage to be brought in which she was to drive to church with the tailor, and there she was to be married. When they had got into the carriage, the two other tailors, who had false hearts and envied him his good fortune, went into the stable and unscrewed the bear again.
我跟他有言在先
He and I had an agreement.
继续开,我们有言在先的
We should keep going. We made a commitment.

….........

学英语,哪里免费下载英语的各种学习资料和英语著作?
免费下载实用权威英语资料,请到桐木舟网站(https://domzh.com)免费下载,各种英语著作,英语学习资料。

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|桐木舟论坛

GMT+8, 2024-5-12 09:06 , Processed in 0.056484 second(s), 21 queries .