回帖

积分

管理员

积分
发表于 2020-7-17 16:05:45 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

马上注册,结交更多好友,享用更多功能,让你轻松玩转社区。

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?立即注册

x
表示“早就该怎么了”可以用一个很地道的英语词汇 overdue. 比如, The car is overdue for a service. 这辆汽车找就该维修了。A book like this is long overdue.   像这样的书早就该有人出版了。
late
arriving or happening after the time that was expected or arranged: Sorry I’m late. | The bus was late.be | Spring seems to be very late this year.
not on time
not arriving or doing something at the time that was expected or arranged: He never hands his homework in on time. | If we don’t leave on time, we’ll miss the flight.
overdue
not done or happening by the expected time – used especially about payments that are late or library books that should have been returned: Your rent is three weeks overdue. | I had to pay a £3 fine on some overdue library books.
be behind with something
British English,
be behind on something
American English, to be late in doing something that you have to do: I can’t come out because I’m behind with my English essay.
be held up
to be made late for a meeting, appointment etc by something that happens, especially by bad traffic: I was held up by a traffic jam.
be delayed
to be prevented from arriving, leaving, or happening at the expected time – often used about public transport: The flight was delayed by bad weather.
belated
/bɪˈleɪtəd, bɪˈleɪtɪd/
given or done late – used especially about something that someone has forgotten or failed to do: a belated birthday card | I’m still hoping for a belated apology from him.
tardy
especially American English formal, arriving or happening late: a habitually tardy person | a tardy decision
be in arrears
/əˈrɪəz $ əˈrɪrz/ formal, to have not made one or more regular payments at the time when you should: One in eight mortgage payers are in arrears.

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|桐木舟论坛

GMT+8, 2024-5-16 04:55 , Processed in 0.048773 second(s), 21 queries .