桐木舟学英语人工智能

找回密码
 立即注册
搜索
热搜: 活动 交友 discuz
查看: 276|回复: 0

ChatGPT学英语阅读英语新闻 Stunning cop sets pulses racing: "I'd get a speeding ticket every week"

[复制链接]

主题

回帖

积分

管理员

积分
发表于 2023-4-8 09:09:50 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

马上注册,结交更多好友,享用更多功能,让你轻松玩转社区。

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?立即注册

x
Stunning cop sets pulses racing: 'I'd get a speeding ticket every week'
Police officer Alex Narvaez is prompting some unlawful urges.
The Colombian cop has become a global sensation on TikTok, racking up more than 700,000 followers by showing off her arresting looks in her figure-hugging uniform.
Narvaez, 28, also shares dance videos and bikini selfies on the social media app, with fawning followers fantasizing about being locked up by the cop.
One recent video posted by the policewoman, which sees her flaunting her curves, raked in an incredible 3 million views and a flurry of kinky comments.
"I would get a speeding ticket every week!" one admirer swooned, saying he'd love to be pulled over and handcuffed by the blond.
"l was a very bad boy," another added, begging to be punished. Meanwhile, a third brazenly wrote: "Mama I'm a criminal, you can arrest me, baby."
Another of Narvaez's recent videos similarly showed her taking a break from her law enforcement duties as she gave a cheeky smile to the camera.
One man publicly professed what many were thinking: "She's definitely in the wrong profession. She should be a supermodel."
Colombian police officer Alex Narvaez has become a global sensation on TikTok, racking up more than 700,000 followers by showing off her sizzling looks in her figure-hugging uniform.
Narvaez frequently thrills fans by showing off her physique in her figure-hugging uniform.
While Narvaez certainly has no shortage of admirers, she's got some stiff competition in the hot cop stakes.
Diana Ramirez, another policewoman from Colombia, was last year hailed as the "world's most beautiful officer" by fans on social media.
Ramirez boasts more than 431,000 followers on Instagram, but she said she had no plans to swap law enforcement for social media influencing.
"If I had the opportunity to choose a career again, I would not hesitate and I would become a police officer again," the brunette beauty declared.
Narvaez also shares dance videos and bikini selfies on the social media app, with fawning followers fantasizing about being locked up by the beauty. Narvaez also shares dance videos and bikini selfies on the social media app, with fawning followers fantasizing about being locked up by the beauty.
"I would get a speeding ticket every week!" one wrote beneath a video of the stunning policewoman. "I would get a speeding ticket every week!" one wrote beneath a video of the stunning policewoman.
An Arizona officer known only as Kimberley recently went viral on TikTok, with fans saying she was "too pretty" to fight crime. An Arizona officer known only as Kimberley recently went viral on TikTok, with fans saying she was "too pretty" to fight crime.
Meanwhile, closer to home, an Arizona officer has gone viral on TikTok courtesy of her good looks.
Several fans have told the cop — known only as Kimberley — that she's "too pretty" to fight crime, but the blond says she's also uninterested in pursuing a career as an influencer or a model.
However, another cop has decided to quit busting criminals and capitalize on her looks.
British officer Michelle Walton, 51, was recently profiled by The Post because she decided to become a stripper after hanging up her handcuffs.
What do you think? Post a comment.
"For me, stripping is about female empowerment and loving yourself," Walton declared. "I'm not a skilled dancer, I just love my body and love getting my [uniform] off after 30 years of restrictions on what I could and couldn't do."

https://nypost.com/2023/04/07/st ... m_source=NYPTwitter

ChatGPT:
Based on the news title alone, it appears to be referring to a police officer who is physically attractive and has caught the attention of many people. The statement "sets pulses racing" is a colloquial way of saying that the person in question is very attractive and causes people's hearts to beat faster. The second part of the title, "I'd get a speeding ticket every week," may be a quote from the police officer, indicating that they are aware of their attractiveness and suggesting that people would be willing to break the law just to interact with them. However, without further context or information, it is difficult to know for certain what the news article is about.

In the context of the sentence you provided, "rack up" means to accumulate or gather a large number of followers. In this case, Colombian police officer Alex Narvaez has gained a large number of followers on TikTok.
"Sizzling" is used to describe something that is very hot, either in temperature or in terms of being attractive or sexy. In this case, it is being used to describe Officer Narvaez's looks, indicating that she is considered to be very attractive.
"Figure-hugging" means tightly fitting or snug, particularly with regard to clothing. In this case, it is being used to describe Officer Narvaez's police uniform, suggesting that it is designed to be form-fitting and show off her figure.
Taken together, the sentence is saying that Officer Narvaez has become very popular on TikTok by posting videos that showcase her good looks and her figure-hugging police uniform, which has garnered her a large number of followers who find her sizzling or very attractive.

donzh.com
Why does the word "rack" with the original meaning of "a piece of equipment" develop into the meaning of "accumulate"? Any funny association?

The development of the meaning of "rack" from a piece of equipment to "accumulate" may seem like an odd association, but it actually has a logical explanation.
The original meaning of "rack" was a frame or structure used to hold or support something. Over time, the word "rack" came to be used in various contexts to refer to a device or piece of equipment used to perform a specific task. For example, a "spice rack" is a device used to hold jars of spices in a kitchen, while a "towel rack" is a device used to hold towels in a bathroom.
The use of "rack" to mean "accumulate" likely comes from the idea of stacking or piling things up on a rack. When you place items on a rack, you are essentially accumulating or gathering them in one place. This idea of accumulating or gathering was then extended to other contexts, such as accumulating points in a game or accumulating followers on social media.
While there may not be a particularly funny association between the two meanings, it's interesting to see how language evolves and how words can take on new meanings over time.
原始意义上,“rack”的含义是一个用于支撑或承载某物的框架或结构。随着时间的推移,“rack”这个词在不同的语境中被用于指代执行特定任务的设备或工具。例如,“spice rack”是一个用于在厨房中放置香料罐的装置,“towel rack”是一个用于在浴室中放置毛巾的装置。
“rack”这个词在表示“积累”的意义上的用法可能来自于在架子上堆放或叠放物品的概念。当你把物品放在架子上时,实际上是在一个地方积累或收集它们。这个积累或收集的概念随后被扩展到其他语境中,例如在游戏中积累分数或在社交媒体上积累粉丝。
虽然这两个含义之间可能没有什么特别有趣的关联,但是观察语言的演变以及单词如何随着时间而演变并获得新的含义仍然非常有趣。

donzh.com
What is the origin of "sizzling"?

ChatGPT:
The origin of the word "sizzling" is not entirely clear, but it is believed to have originated from the Middle English word "sisselen," which meant to hiss or fizz. This word was derived from the Old English word "sistian," which had a similar meaning.
Over time, the word "sizzling" came to be used to describe the sound made when something is cooked on a hot surface, such as a frying pan. It then became associated with the sensation of heat and was used to describe things that are very hot or intense, such as sizzling summer weather or a sizzling romance. Eventually, the word "sizzling" came to be used to describe things that are very attractive or exciting, such as sizzling looks or a sizzling performance.
Today, "sizzling" is a commonly used adjective that can be used to describe a wide range of things, from food to weather to people. It is often used to convey a sense of intensity or excitement.

donzh.com
Is it an onomatopoeia word?

ChatGPT:
Yes, "sizzling" is considered to be an onomatopoeic word, as it imitates the sound of food cooking on a hot surface. The "s" and "z" sounds in the word mimic the sound of water or juices hitting a hot pan, while the "l" sound at the end represents the final sizzle as the food cooks.

donzh.com
However, another cop has decided to quit busting criminals and capitalize on her looks.

ChatGPT:
The sentence means that another police officer has decided to stop catching or arresting criminals and instead focus on using her physical appearance to gain attention or make money. It implies that this officer is more interested in promoting her looks or making a profit than in performing her duties as a police officer.

The word "bust" has multiple meanings and uses in the English language. Here are a few:
  • To break something: "He accidentally busted the vase when he knocked it off the table."
  • To catch someone doing something illegal or wrong: "The police busted the drug dealer during a raid."
  • To reduce or eliminate something: "I need to bust this habit of procrastinating."
  • To fail at something: "I tried to fix the car myself, but I ended up busting the engine."
The origin of "bust" in the sense of "to catch someone doing something illegal or wrong" is uncertain. It is believed to have originated in the United States in the early 19th century, possibly from the word "burst" (meaning to break open or explode). The theory is that when law enforcement officers caught criminals in the act, they would "burst" into the scene and make the arrest, which later became shortened to "bust."
The word "bust" has also been used to describe a sculpture of a person's head, neck, and shoulders, which is thought to have originated from the Italian word "busto." This usage dates back to the 17th century and is still in use today.

donzh.com
"Meanwhile, closer to home, an Arizona officer has gone viral on TikTok courtesy of her good looks."

ChatGPT:
The sentence means that an Arizona police officer has gained a lot of attention on TikTok, a social media platform, because of her attractive appearance. The word "viral" suggests that her content (such as videos or photos) has been widely shared and viewed by many people, which has helped to increase her popularity on the platform. The phrase "courtesy of her good looks" means that her physical appearance is the reason for her popularity on TikTok.

donzh.com
Is it metaphor usage?

ChatGPT:
No, it is not a metaphor. The sentence is using the phrase "courtesy of" in a figurative sense, but it is not a metaphor. "Courtesy of" means "thanks to" or "because of," and it is commonly used to give credit or acknowledge someone or something that contributed to a certain outcome or situation. In this case, the phrase is used to explain that the police officer's good looks are the reason she has gained a following on TikTok.

donzh.com
The word "viral" is used as a metaphor?

ChatGPT:
Yes, the word "viral" is often used metaphorically in the context of social media. In its literal sense, "viral" refers to something that spreads rapidly and uncontrollably, like a virus. In the context of social media, it is used to describe content (such as a video or a meme) that becomes very popular and widely shared in a short period of time. The metaphorical use of "viral" in this context suggests that the content is spreading like a contagious disease, infecting more and more people as it is shared across various social media platforms.

donzh.com
I looked up "courtesy of" in the dictionary. It says:
If you say that something has been provided through the courtesy of or (by) courtesy of a person, organization, business, etc., you are politely saying that they paid for it, gave it, or let it be used.   

The flowers were provided through the courtesy of a local florist.   

This program is brought to you courtesy of our sponsors. [=it has been paid for by our sponsors]   

The word "courtesy" is sometimes used informally by itself in this way.   

Photo courtesy Helen Jones. [=Helen Jones is allowing the photograph to be used]   

The phrase "courtesy of" is sometimes also used informally to indicate the cause of something.   I have a bad cold now, courtesy of my brother. [=I have a bad cold that I caught from my brother]

ChatGPT:
You are correct, "courtesy of" can be used in multiple ways, and the definition you provided is also accurate. The sentence "courtesy of her good looks" may also be interpreted as a polite way of acknowledging that the police officer's physical appearance is the reason why she has gained popularity on TikTok. In this context, the phrase is not necessarily implying that someone paid for or provided her good looks, but rather, that her looks are the cause of her popularity on social media.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|桐木舟论坛

GMT+8, 2024-5-13 07:40 , Processed in 0.071492 second(s), 21 queries .