赤脚医生,可以翻译成"Barefoot doctor" 吗?
英语翻译"赤脚医生"成"barefoot doctor", 有很多这样用法。但是英美人不一定懂。

下面这些例子,都是来自中式英语,仅供欣赏,请谨慎参考。

抓好赤脚医生的政治思想工作;
Grasp the ideological and political work of the barefoot doctor

一个赤脚医生在对一个人进行针灸治疗
A barefoot doctor performs acupuncture on a man

县(市)卫生行政部门,应对赤脚医生进行考核,经考试合格的发给证书。
County (city) health administrative departments deal with the barefoot doctor for examination, pass the examination of the certificate.

合作医疗时期农村的"赤脚医生"
"Barefoot Doctor" in Rural Area in Cooperative Medical Service Period

受群众欢迎的中草医也可以担任赤脚医生。
Popular in Ayurvedic medicine can also be served as a barefoot doctor.

这引起了"赤脚医生"这一概念(同样可参见 用水和基本卫生保健 )的流行(但有些不准确 ) 。
This gave rise to the popular (but slightly inaccurate) concept of "The Barefoot Doctor." (Also see Water and PHC).

县卫生行政部门应加强对赤脚医生的培训提高工作,制定培训规划,落实培训措施。
County health administrative departments should strengthen the training work of barefoot doctor, develop training plan, implementation of training measures.

一个跨专业的病患照顾团队(赤脚医生负责对病患的跟踪随访、临床医生负责对病患的治疗、药剂师负责增强病患的用药依从性);
A multidisciplinary patient care team (barefoot doctor to follow up the patients, clinical doctors to treat patients, pharmacist to support for drug compliance)

1998年查韦斯当政以来贫困有增无减;政府财政以及贸易平衡比以往更为依附于石油收入;而且,尽管古巴提供扫盲项目以及邻国提供"赤脚医生"服务,贫困人口的整体福利即使没有下降,也没有改观。
Poverty has grown since Chávez took office in 1998; government finances and the trade balance are more dependent on oil revenues than before, and, aside from Cuban literacy programs and neighborhood "barefoot doctor" services, the overall welfare of the poor remains the same, if not worse.

张长健是一个"赤脚医生",即通过政府培训,然后被派往边远地区进行简单的医疗服务的人员,这些偏远地区往往因为过于狭小而没有一个拥有正式医疗证的医生。
Mr. Zhang is a "barefoot doctor," someone trained by the government to administer simple remedies and sent to remote areas that are too small to attract a doctor with a full medical degree.

是的,1979年,在分别30年之后,妈妈回去看望她的三个女儿。金豆住在一个全是稻农的村子里。她嫁给了一个赤脚医生,他们和几个同志在一个棚屋里用简朴的饭菜招待我妈妈。棚屋的墙上糊着报纸御寒。
Yes, in 1979, after a 30-year separation, my mother went to visit her three daughters. Jindo lived in a village of rice farmers. She had married a barefoot doctor, and they and several comrades served my mother a modest feast in a shack whose walls were lined with newspaper to keep out the cold.

婴儿死亡率高,人口预期寿命低,但是通过引进基础卫生设备,当时"赤脚医生"制度的普及很快就降低了死亡率。在我的家族中,祖父的一个兄弟在四五十年代生了八个孩子,只有一个活下来。我叔叔在五六十年代生育了八个孩子,四个活了下来。我自己的哥哥和姐姐出生几天就夭折了,但我1969年出生的时候,婴儿死亡率已经下降。所以我活了下来。
Infant mortality was high and life expectancy low, and the "barefoot doctor" system that spread at that time brought down mortality fast, by introducing things like basic hygiene. A grandfather in my extended family had eight children in the 1940s and '50s. Only one lived. My uncle had eight children in the 1950s and '60s. Four lived. My own older brother and older sister died a few days after birth, but by the time I was born, in 1969, the infant mortality rate had fallen. So I lived.

你是小船上的赤脚医生。
You were a medic on a boat.

加强赤脚医生、农村卫生员和接生员的培训提高工作。
To strengthen the rural health workers, barefoot doctors and midwives training work.

赤脚医生和县里的医生在乡镇医院实施了相关干预包,其中包含:
The package of interventions was implemented by barefoot and county doctors based in township hospitals and included

政府草率的培训医疗员,所谓的赤脚医生来为农民提供基础医疗。
The government hastily trained medics, known as barefoot doctors, to provide basic care to peasants.

我在赤脚医生那里堕了两次胎
I lost two babies to back alley doctors.

赤脚医生:尤指中国农村一些经过急救、接生、开药及预防疾病等训练的医疗保健人员
A lay health care worker, especially in rural China, trained in such activities as first aid, childbirth assistance, the dispensing of drugs, and preventive medicine.

厄立特里亚的保健服务始于解放运动时期,产生了赤脚医生、护士和其他有资格的医疗人员。
The health service in Eritrea started during the liberation movement producing barefoot doctors, nurses and other qualified health staff.

参加劳动的形式和天数应在保证赤脚医生进行正常防病治病工作的情况下,由各地确定。
In the form of labor and the number of days should be to ensure the normal work of the barefoot doctors disease cases, determined by the country.

询问了ChatGPT,这样答复的:

"Barefoot doctor" refers to a term used in China to describe rural medical practitioners who received basic medical training and provided medical services in rural areas during the 1960s and 1970s. The term "barefoot" was used to emphasize that these doctors were not trained in formal medical schools and often worked without shoes due to poverty. While the term is not commonly used in Western countries, English-speakers with knowledge of Chinese history and culture may be familiar with the concept.

To make English-speaking readers understand the term "barefoot doctor," you could provide a brief explanation or context in the text. For example, you could write: "A 'barefoot doctor' - a term used in China during the Cultural Revolution to describe rural health workers who received basic medical training and provided medical care to their local communities." Alternatively, you could use a different term that is more commonly used in English to describe the same thing, such as "rural health worker" or "community health worker."
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|桐木舟论坛

GMT+8, 2024-5-13 18:06 , Processed in 0.050240 second(s), 21 queries .