回帖

积分

管理员

积分
发表于 2023-5-17 00:12:42 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

马上注册,结交更多好友,享用更多功能,让你轻松玩转社区。

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?立即注册

x
这篇小文章,介绍了"卤肉"和"卤面"翻译,以及两个词语里的"卤"不是同一回事。 还让ChatGPT纠正了例句的语法,特别是定冠词的误用问题。问题在于,ChatGPT自己也被自己搞糊涂了,所以说,学习借鉴英语, 不管哪里的来源,都要谨慎参考,不要轻易相信谁都英语有多高级。

donzh.com user
How to translate Chinese term "卤肉" in English?
The term "卤肉" in English is commonly translated as "braised pork" or "stewed pork." It refers to a Chinese dish where pork is cooked slowly in a flavorful braising liquid, resulting in tender and flavorful meat.

donzh.com user
What is "lor mee"? Is it associated with "braised pork" or "stewed pork"? It seems both terms "lor mee" and "braised pork" sharing a common Chinese character "卤" when translated into Chinese.

ChatGPT
"Lor mee" is a popular noodle dish in Southeast Asia, particularly in Malaysia and Singapore. It consists of thick yellow noodles served in a thick, starchy gravy made from a mixture of various ingredients such as spices, soy sauce, and cornstarch. It is commonly topped with ingredients like braised pork, fish cakes, and hard-boiled eggs.

While both "lor mee" and "braised pork" share the Chinese character "卤" when translated into Chinese, they refer to different dishes. "Braised pork" generally refers to pork that has been slow-cooked in a flavorful braising liquid, while "lor mee" specifically refers to the noodle dish with its distinct gravy.

donzh.com user
下面例句来自网络,谨慎参考。

人们日常生活中食用的冷鲜肉,加工制造火腿,半成品熟肉,卤肉等等都属于肉制品加工产业的生产加工范围,在整个生产加工过程中会产生大量的生产废水,废水中主要更含有动物油脂,蛋白质,碎肉纤维等,以及宰杀过程产生的宰杀废水,血污,内脏冲洗废水等,可以...
The cold meat that people eat in daily life, the processing and manufacture of ham, the semi-finished cooked meat, the braised meat, etc. all belong to the production and processing range of the meat

大豆制作,肉感口味,像卤肉的嚼劲
Soybean, meaty taste, chewy like braised pork

每当午餐时间,喜爱吃卤面的上班族一定会不约而同地来到这里,目的就为了品尝我们精心烹调的传统卤面。我们的卤面吃起来够味、够滑、够香,那是因为 卤汁里头加入了"鸡蛋花",而卤面的佐料有炸五香、炸鱼、鱼肉、卤肉以及猪肉碎。这间远近驰名的卤面摊还上过电视节目两次,到底它的魅力在哪呢?你不妨前 来寻找答案!
This stall has been around for more than 30 years. I ate the lor mee when I was a small kid when the stall was situated near Thian Hock temple. During then, the owner's father operated it. The gravy is fragrantly nice and not starchy. Ingredients are fresh and it is value for money after so many years!

donzh.com user
下面是使用ChatGPT修改上面这个例句的时候,ChatGPT也不停的犯错误。教训就是,不管谁的英语,都要谨慎参考。要达到高级点的英语水平,首先要懂得鉴别。

donzh.com user
Correct: The cold meat that people eat in daily life, the processing and manufacture of ham, the semi-finished cooked meat, the braised meat, etc. all belong to the production and processing range of the meat

ChatGPT
Corrected: The cold meats commonly consumed in daily life, such as ham, processed cooked meat, and braised meat, all fall within the scope of meat production and processing.

donzh.com user
"The cold meats" at the initial sentence, the article is necessary?

ChatGPT
No, the article "the" is not necessary in the initial sentence. It can be written as "Cold meats that people eat in daily life..."

donzh.com user
The corrected sentence should be: Cold meats commonly consumed in daily life, such as ham, processed cooked meat, and braised meat, all fall within the scope of meat production and processing. Right?

ChatGPT
Yes, your corrected sentence is accurate: "Cold meats commonly consumed in daily life, such as ham, processed cooked meat, and braised meat, all fall within the scope of meat production and processing."

donzh.com user
When I refer to "lor meer", should I add the article "the"?
Correct grammar:
This stall has been around for more than 30 years. I ate the lor mee when I was a small kid when the stall was situated near Thian Hock temple. During then, the owner's father operated it. The gravy is fragrantly nice and not starchy. Ingredients are fresh and it is value for money after so many years!

ChatGPT
Yes, when referring to "lor mee" in your sentence, you should include the article "the" before it. The correct grammar would be:
"This stall has been around for more than 30 years. I ate the lor mee when I was a small kid when the stall was situated near Thian Hock temple. During that time, the owner's father operated it. The gravy is fragrantly nice and not starchy. The ingredients are fresh, and it is value for money after so many years!"

donzh.com user
Where are the corrections?

ChatGPT
Apologies for the confusion. Here are the corrections to your original sentence:
"This stall has been around for more than 30 years. I ate lor mee when I was a small kid when the stall was situated near Thian Hock temple. During that time, the owner's father operated it. The gravy is fragrantly nice and not starchy. The ingredients are fresh, and it is value for money after so many years!"
I removed the article "the" before "lor mee" since it is used as a general reference and not a specific instance.

donzh.com user
"it is value for money" acceptable in English?

ChatGPT
Apologies for the incorrect phrasing. "It is value for money" is not a commonly used expression in English. A more appropriate phrasing would be "It offers good value for money" or "It is worth the price."

donzh.com user
So, your corrections need to be modified again?

ChatGPT
Apologies for any confusion caused. Here is a modified version of the sentence incorporating the corrected grammar and a more appropriate expression:
"This stall has been around for more than 30 years. I ate lor mee when I was a small kid, back when the stall was situated near Thian Hock temple. During that time, the owner's father operated it. The gravy has a fragrant aroma and is not overly starchy. The ingredients are fresh, and it offers good value for money even after all these years!"
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

回帖

积分

管理员

积分
 楼主| 发表于 2023-5-17 01:11:30 | 显示全部楼层
这个答复的帖子,应该是放在螺丝粉的解释下的。既然提到了卤面,就顺便说说这个单词。

Fusilli,这个应该是一个不规范的网络英语单词, 然而可能是一个正规的意大利语单词。

紡錘面(Fusilli,[fuˈzilli])一种纺锤状挤压成型的意式面食,其原文Fusilli即纺锤。[1] [2][3]紡錘面是最常见的意大利面食之一,其外观和双子粉极像。

Los fusilli son un tipo de pasta con forma helicoidal, generalmente de cuatro centímetros de largo. El fusilli es casi idéntico a otras pastas denominadas rotini. Son similares ya que ambas tienen forma helicoidal pero el rotini es más grande y delgado que el fusilli. Se elabora en diferentes colores, mediante la adición de frutas o verduras en la pasta, por ejemplo si se le añade zanahoria se pone anaranjada, con espinaca adquiere un verde oscuro...

En España y Chile se le conoce como "espirales". También se les llama "tornillos" o "tornillitos" dada su forma helicoidal similar a dichos materiales. En Argentina y Uruguay son muy consumidos y generalmente se les llama "tirabuzones".

Fusilli,解释应该是:螺旋形意大利面
常见释义  英 [fuˈzɪli] 美 [fjuˈsɪli]
n.         螺旋形意大利面;
但是有网友把这个单词Fusilli,翻译成螺丝粉,谷歌也是翻译成“螺丝粉”,好吧,至少和柳州臭味的螺丝粉,应该不是一回事。
难道有螺旋形状的,就都能叫做螺丝粉?那么螺旋楼梯呢?

Fusilli (Italian: [fuˈzilli]) are a variety of pasta that are formed into corkscrew or helical shapes. A variant is known as rotini.

In addition to plain and whole wheat varieties, as with any pasta, other colours can be made by mixing other ingredients into the dough, which also affects the flavour, for example, beetroot or tomato for red, spinach for green,[1] and cuttlefish ink for black.

Etymology
The word fusilli presumably comes from fuso ("spindle"), as traditionally it is "spun" by pressing and rolling a small rod over the thin strips of pasta to wind them around it in a corkscrew shape.[2]

Variants
Fusilli may be solid or hollow. A variant type of fusilli are formed as hollow tubes of pasta that are twisted into springs or corkscrews and are called fusilli bucati. Another variant are twisted long lengths as though spaghetti were coiled around an object known as fusilli lunghi.[3] Fusilli Napoletani are flat lengths of coiled pasta formed around a spindle.[4]

A variant known as rotini is generally extruded into a twisted shape rather than shaped as a coil spring, although the terms rotini and fusili are often used interchangeably, especially in the United States.[3]

See also

Wikimedia Commons has media related to Fusilli.
The Fusilli Jerry, a 1995 episode of Seinfeld
References
"Fusilli recipes". BBC. Retrieved September 25, 2016.
"The meaning of pasta names - OxfordWords blog". OxfordWords blog. 24 October 2014. Archived from the original on December 1, 2017. Retrieved 25 November 2017.
Alfaro, Danilo (3 June 2017). "What's the Difference Between Fusilli and Rotini Pasta?". The Spruce. Retrieved 25 November 2017.
"Fusilli napoletani". ButtaLaPasta (in Italian). Retrieved 25 November 2017.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|桐木舟论坛

GMT+8, 2024-5-12 17:50 , Processed in 0.049978 second(s), 21 queries .